Monday, 02 July 2007

coming close to God

Today was a very frustrating day at the office – our e-mail has been off since Friday and our internet since this morning. I just realised again today how many times per day, or should I say per hour, I check my mail!! It is terrifying… It made me think and reminded me again to plug into God during the day. Firstly I feel ashamed of how little I have been doing it lately, especially as it was one of the things I really wanted to work on this year. But as the year progressed this somewhat slipped through the cracks… But secondly I am glad to be reminded about the reasons why I wanted to “plug into God”. James 4:8 “Come close to God and He will come close to you” I always have God close to me but sometimes I forget and then I am far away from Him. I pray that God will forgive me and that the Holy Spirit will help me to “come close to God”. Seems there are reasons to be glad when the e-mail is down and you can't do ANY work!

No comments: